Subject: Re: zaurus and rockbox

Re: zaurus and rockbox

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:24:50 +0200

adam wrote:
> i was wondering if anyone had tried mounting the archos under rockbox from
> a sharp zaurus pda....i was thinking of using my archos player as a
> portable hd for the zaurus and doing this would be perfect

From http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/zaurus-faq/sections/syncing_and_sharp_io_port.php3:

  3. Can I connect USB devices to my Zaurus?

    No, the Zaurus can't use USB devices
    The Zaurus has a USB device controller, not a USB host controller.

However something like the Ratoc CFU1U could make it work:
  http://www.ratocsystems.com/english/products/subpages/cfu1u.html

I have yet to see any reviews of it.

--
Björn