Subject: Re: more boot research, and a hidden flash loader for gdb users

Re: more boot research, and a hidden flash loader for gdb users

From: <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 17:28:39 +0200 (MEST)

> > Have you tried for yourself and got the same, or is that a comment?
>
> That was just a comment. I can't repeat it on my serial-modded player
> (which reports Flash:??,??). I don't have the serial mod on my recorder so
> can't test there.

So the player doesn't give any boot message? Maybe I'll check with the
simulator what kind of image gets booted. I think the player would have a problem
generating 115200 Baud, because of its different crystal (no nice divider to
do that).

The flash loader is independent of what kind of flash chip you have. My
Recorder 20 also reports "Flash:??,??". So I couldn't really flash, but the
loader is there.

The whole thing looks to me like from Archos' early development, some
dinosaur I digged out.

Is there somebody with an FM Recorder and a serial mod?

Jörg