Subject: Re: FM recorder and rockbox

Re: FM recorder and rockbox

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 14:38:43 -0400

About half the paint is gone on my FMR too. Crappy job. No primer or surface
prep.

I've been thinking about stripping all the paint and then airbrushing it candy
apple purple or something like that :-)

This is the one major disappointment in my FMR - the quality control is
approaching zero. My headphone jack is already getting intermittent. That's
bad with a unit that is treated with huge bits of TLC. I know the chinese can
do better. Too bad Archos doesn't force 'em to.

John

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003 23:21:11 -0700 (PDT), "Michael O'Quinn"
<michael_at_oquinn.info> wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Chuck Urwiler wrote:
>
>> Just a coupla questions:
>>
>> 1) The paint on the bottom half of my FM comes off without any effort
>> (not the half with the buttons and display, the other half that hold the
>> HD). Anyone else have this problem?
>
>I'll address this one.
>
>The paint on my Studio 10 started flaking off within a few weeks.
>I carry it in my front pants pocket a lot, and I suspect moisture from
>sweat helped this along.
>
>I finally took it apart and used some acetone to remove ALL the paint on
>the bottom cover, except on the ends of the unit where the labels for the
>various sockets are. I took care not to damage the sticker with the
>serial number.
>
>RESULT: One very clean, good looking looking polished Aluminum back, and
>no more paint flecks in my pockets.
>
>Michael

---
John De Armond