Subject: Re: FM recorder and rockbox
From: Michael O'Quinn (michael_at_oquinn.info)
Date: 2003-06-13

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003, Chuck Urwiler wrote:

> Just a coupla questions:
>
> 1) The paint on the bottom half of my FM comes off without any effort
> (not the half with the buttons and display, the other half that hold the
> HD). Anyone else have this problem?

I'll address this one.

The paint on my Studio 10 started flaking off within a few weeks.
I carry it in my front pants pocket a lot, and I suspect moisture from
sweat helped this along.

I finally took it apart and used some acetone to remove ALL the paint on
the bottom cover, except on the ends of the unit where the labels for the
various sockets are. I took care not to damage the sticker with the
serial number.

RESULT: One very clean, good looking looking polished Aluminum back, and
no more paint flecks in my pockets.

Michael