Subject: Re: about disk errors

Re: about disk errors

From: Michael O'Quinn <michael_at_oquinn.info>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:20:22 -0700 (PDT)

Sounds like a bad disk to me, or low batteries. Was the battery fully
charged when you started, and was the charger connected throughout?

If so, I would assume the disk is bad. Send it back to Archos if it's
still under warranty. If it's not under warranty, you still might be best
off replacing the drive, unless you don't mind dealing with the possible
problem of additional sectors going bad and/or a sudden crash.

I don't know if it's more cost effective to send it to Archos for repair
(out of warranty) or to replace the HD yourself. A lot of folks,
including me, have replaced their HD's with larger ones. You might be
able to pick up a good condition used HD fairly cheap.

Michael