Subject: Re: about disk errors

Re: about disk errors

From: José M. Fandiño <ajbr20_at_fadesa.es>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:28:42 +0200

Michael O'Quinn wrote:

> Sounds like a bad disk to me, or low batteries. Was the battery fully
> charged when you started, and was the charger connected throughout?

Michael,

the batteries were fully charged during the scans and the external
power adaptor was pluged to the archos so I discarded a problem with
the batteries. Also media errors was always on the same position
of affected files which doesn't suggest a random failure as it is
expected with power issues.

With music files it isn't very problematic but when I use
the AJBR20 to transport my work files I can't afford to lose
any of them.

The important question is, how often archos users get bad
sectors and what is the return policy that archos will
follow regarding to defective disks? (AFAIK creative
products have a two year warranty on all parts)