Subject: Re: RE: Feature suggestion: user defined F2/F3 menu's

Re: RE: Feature suggestion: user defined F2/F3 menu's

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:08:56 +0100 (BST)

Martin Borus said:
> rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se schrieb am 17.06.03 13:23:38:
>>
>> I'm in favour (I even though about making a patch, but I have no free
>> time, and can't get the simulator to compile on windows) BTW, any
>> reason not to use 'up' for a fourth option in each?
>
> that's probably a design thing - the current way the display is
> organized you do not have space on screen. Maybe this design should be
> abandoned when you have user defined options:

It's a hardware thing. When using the buttons as "quickkeys" (i.e. holding
F2/F3 and the left/right/down key at the same time), the hardware can't
differentiate the F2+UP or F3+UP combination. The hardware key detection
is split into 2 channels. The F keys and UP are on one channel, and the
LEFT, RIGHT and DOWN are on the other and we can therefore accurately
detect one key from each group pressed at the same time, but not 2 keys
from the same group pressed at the same time.
--
Mike Holden
Rockbox page: http://www.mikeholden.org/~rockbox