Subject: Simulators won't compile

Simulators won't compile

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 15:26:23 +0100

Has anybody had any success in getting the Win32 simulator to compile?
I lost about three hours on it with Hardeep last night so I can debug my
new game(s), but to no avail!
Hardeep suggests that 'it just works', but not for me :(
Maybe it is because I still run '98?

The error I left it with last night (and this is NOT the last error that I
reported on IRC) was, upon attempted compilation of each
uisimulator/filename.c:
"gcc.exe: not found"

I also tried to get cygwin X11 simulator running, but apparently I need
some header files from the cygwin installer - however, aside of being the
worst installer ever written, when the cygwin installer finally ate windows
(reset button only) I gave up with that too.
Does someone have these illusive header files that I need? Maybe (if they
are not too big) they could be held on the rockbox web page - if not, I'm
sure SOMEONE would host them!?

hoping someone can help..

BC

PS. that was with yesterdays daily source