Subject: Re: Simulators won't compile

Re: Simulators won't compile

From: Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps_at_pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:45:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net> wrote:
> Here I go, replying to my own email again!
>
> There is no way that you got uisimulator/win32 to
> compile without either
> editing the makefile or using a completely different
> set of tools to the
> rest of us ...there _is_ no GCC.EXE !!

Sounds like you're using the older version of the
minimalistic rockbox sdk for win32. See
http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-05/0810.shtml
for more info on a version that does let you compile
the uisimulator.

> So my guess is that whoever it was that I spoke to
> earlier last night who
> said "you can only use Win32 simulator iff you have
> msvc installed" was
> telling the truth. Sadly I do not have msvc, the
> space to install it, or
> the desire to learn it :(

You don't need msvc to build the simulator on win32 if
you use mingw (included in the above package).

-Hardeep