Subject: cvs problems

cvs problems

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:07:30 +0200 (MEST)

hello,

i deliver 2 scripts with the win32sdk for easier cvs checkout/update. they
are very dumb and don`t seem to work very reliable, because sourceforge cvs
seems very busy and checkout/update often fails with a
"cvs [checkout aborted]: recv() from server cvs.rockbox.sourceforge.net:
EOF" for me.

I hacked a shellscript which fixes that problem for me - but it seems a
little bit "brute force", i.e. it could
be called "denial of service" what i`m doing to the sourceforge cvs....

Do others have similar problems with the cvs and would it be good/bad to
include such script in the win32sdk ? please tell me what you experts think.

regards
roland

#!/bin/bash
#this script repeatedly polls the SF cvs until cvs program returns with
error-code 0 (=success)

for i in apps docs firmware gdb tools uisimulator
do
  echo "now i will do cvs-checkout: $i"
  status=1;

  while [ "${status}" != 0 ] ; do
    cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anonymous_at_cvs.rockbox.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/rockbox co $i
    status="$?"
    sleep 5;
  done

  echo "got it!"