Subject: Re: Is this somehow possible??

Re: Is this somehow possible??

From: <for_spam_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 02:01:51 +0200 (MEST)

hello fred,

first off, a patch is intended for developers. you will make certain people
pulling their hair off, if they are reading such mails ;) (never mind - it
seems there isn`t much left for being pulled off - so don`t expect any
negative side effect of your mail ;)

first off, you have to setup a compile environment.
then you need to download the rockbox sourcecoude and patch that sourcecode
with the patchfile(s).

you first should read http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/patch.html

if the patch still applies "cleanly" you can compile rockbox and have a
"special" rockbox version
which includes the changes introduced by the patch.

don´t think that this is trivial - a patch can be "out of date" very
quickly, so the patch could fail to apply
or it could break existing functionality.
actually, this patch is a more complex one - maybe hardeep can give further
assistance here....
perhaps he can give you a modified rockbox binary - this should be the
easiest way for you, to try the new features...

regards
roland