Subject: Re: Is this somehow possible??

Re: Is this somehow possible??

From: Chris Holt <amiga2k_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:04:26 -0400

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:43:24 -0400, Chris Holt wrote:
>On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:16:35 +0200 (MEST), for_spam_at_gmx.de wrote:
>>hi ! actually, i find such service is crap.
>
>Then just piss off and don't use it.
>
>Geeze, it's not like I held a gun to your head...
>
>Chris

Okay. Heat of the moment. Sorry.

But hey. You posted a two page diatribe on how crappy the service is and
you obviously never even tried it out. (else you would have known that
it doesn't mask the target URL)

It's really only for preventing the huge broken URL's when you want to
point somebody to something. If someone waits forever until they read
the message and click on the link, it ain't gonna matter what redirect,
or whatever is involved.

If you want to find something that was posted and is now gone, try
www.archive.org Somewhere among the 10 billion pages (yes, billion with
a "B") you might just find what you were looking for.

The internet is a fast moving place. You either act on things when you
find them, copy or cache them, or pray that it will be there when you
finally get around to clicking the link. Nothing lasts forever.

Chris