Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Tips for extending battery life with FM recorder
From: Wayne Sherman (Wayne_at_SystemDesignWorks.com)
Over a period of 3 days , I am recording some relatively long sessions of FM
1) Use Rockbox instead of Archos firmware :-)
Can anyone suggest specific config settings that may help?
2) Use lower sampling rate instead of CD quality 44.1 KHz.
3) Use MONO recording mode
4) Use lower bit rate MP3 encoding setting
What are average bit rates for other levels?
Question: If I select level 5 (144 Kbps), but setup my record settings for
5) Upgrade hard drive with a unit that has lower spin up power requirement
Any suggestions on HD models?
6) Upgrade battery cells with parts that have a higher Ah rating
Possible source for purchase:
Does anyone know the part#/size/form factor of the batteries?
If anyone has further suggestions or information, please share.
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew