Subject: Re: Changelog sanity check

Re: Changelog sanity check

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:06:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, BlueChip wrote:

> As with all my newbie questions there is probably a logical explanation.
>
> Just as a sanity check...
>
> rockbox-daily-20030613.tar.gz (547900 bytes) Changelog (0 changes)
> rockbox-daily-20030618.tar.gz (549834 bytes) Changelog (0 changes)
>
> How comes (0 changes) causes a filesize change?

Because if you check the package, you'll see that the main directory name is
set to the date of the package, thus creating a different size since they all
compress differently.

> Lastly, I note that the CVS has missed a number of builds recently

CVS is the version control system we use, it doesn't build anyhing. The
scripts on the site that builds rockbox and stuff automaticly updates from
CVS (and most of them do a series of retries in case of failures).

As long as the sourceforge CVS remains as silly as it is, the scripts will
continue to fail every now and then.