Subject: Re: Is this somehow possible??
Date: 2003-06-18

hello fred,

first off, a patch is intended for developers. you will make certain people
pulling their hair off, if they are reading such mails ;) (never mind - it
seems there isn`t much left for being pulled off - so don`t expect any
negative side effect of your mail ;)

first off, you have to setup a compile environment.
then you need to download the rockbox sourcecoude and patch that sourcecode
with the patchfile(s).

you first should read

if the patch still applies "cleanly" you can compile rockbox and have a
"special" rockbox version
which includes the changes introduced by the patch.

don´t think that this is trivial - a patch can be "out of date" very
quickly, so the patch could fail to apply
or it could break existing functionality.
actually, this patch is a more complex one - maybe hardeep can give further
assistance here....
perhaps he can give you a modified rockbox binary - this should be the
easiest way for you, to try the new features...

> Hi again!
> I have a little problem, now I have the file ( I downloaded the file
> "dynamic_playlist9.diff.txt" )
> What have I got to do to make it work with my rockboxx software. Sorry, I
> am
> in programming a newbie, years ago when I had my C64 it was different and
> easier to learn for me.
> Have a nice night
> Fred

+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more +++