Subject: Re: cvs problems
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2003-06-18

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003 wrote:

> Do others have similar problems with the cvs and would it be good/bad to
> include such script in the win32sdk ? please tell me what you experts
> think.

All anonymous accesses to the sourceforge CVS are plagued by this (even in
other projects I work on). The bright side is that for us using CVS over ssh
(people with commit access), it is not at all this shaky but works rather

I've modified most of the scripts on the web site to do almost exactly like
you do, although I usually have a limit in the number of retries done before
it bails out, only to reduce the risk of it actually looking like a DOS

I have been considering moving the CVS repository to one of the machines we
admin ourselves, but I'm not sure I/we want all the extra work that would

 Daniel Stenberg -- --