Subject: RE: Trimming an MP3 file
From: Jonah, Jim (Jim.Jonah_at_compuware.com)
Date: 2003-06-20

try Mp3DirectCut.

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan Vromans [mailto:jvromans_at_squirrel.nl]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 6:47 AM
To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se

Jack Peel <jhp_at_cypress.com> writes:

> Not if you switch to "frames" Then you can slice one frame at a time :)
> (much smaller than 1 second).

So I did. Removed two frames from the start. And this is what I get:

     Time: | | | | | (tick = 50ms)
 Original: ----------abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwzyz......
      New: ------+hijklmnopqrstuvwzyz......

There are 50ms gone, but not the first.
For a detailed picture (screen dump from audacity), see
http://www.squirrel.nl/pub/xfer/mp3trim.jpg .

-- Johan

and then destroy it.