Subject: Re: Hi! ... different charger
From: Johan Vromans (jvromans_at_squirrel.nl)
Date: 2003-06-20

ErL <starkraft31_at_yahoo.com> writes:

> My Charger just broke. I was copying 15gb of data for
> over 10hours(using usb1.1) with my 110v archos 20g
> recorder charger. When I came back, I found the
> batteries discharged.

This is normal (unfortunately). Copying data via USB draws more
current than the charger can keep up with. As a result, after a couple
of hours the batteries are empty, the unit shuts down. When the
batteries are recharged a bit it reboots the Archos firmware.

So are you sure the charger is broken? Does the plug icon show or not?

> I went looking for adaptors in various malls but all I
> could find were 300mA, 500mA, 1000mA for 9volts.
> Would the 500mA be fine?

Yes. I use it all the time ;-).

-- Johan