Subject: RE: Trimming an MP3 file

RE: Trimming an MP3 file

From: Tim Elliott <telliott_at_sigecom.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:41:33 -0500

I think it's more like "no CD ripper rips/ encodes single tracks without
adding at least a frame of silence to the beginning and/or the end of
mp3 files" I understand that you can use EAC (Exact Audio Copy) to rip
your CD as one big mp3 and have it create a cue file. You can, then,
use this cue file to split your long mp3 file into tracks (shorter mp3
files) using MP3DirectCut.

While I love MP3 DirectCut to edit mp3's (I use it to remove commercials
from radio shows I record on my Archos Recorder 20). I don't see why we
have to use this 2 stage procedure just to get seamless playback of a
CD. I don't want to have a CD as one long mp3 either.

I'm hoping we can find a solution somewhere, maybe in EAC settings.

Tim