Subject: Line-In (Microphone) Boost Hardware Mod
From: Fil Laborde (fil_at_rezox.com)
Date: 2003-06-21

I just got my Archos FM 20 today and it's sweet, along with the Rockbox
software which is feature-full.

I searched and couldn't find anyone proposing/having tried this:
* Re-route the INTERNAL-MIC wires to the Line-In and then use the line-in as
a MIC-IN... possibly add a switch to choose between them.

Can you see any reason this may not work? Wouldn't it give the pre-amp
potential to the external-mic so we could use a regular external mic (or at
least a small dynamic one)?

Would the lenght of the wire with the resistance and inductance really mess
the signal quality up?

Your feedback is appreciated as I will go ahead and try this in 1 month
(when my return warranty runs out!)