Subject: RE: Hardeep's dynamic playlist questions/suggestions

RE: Hardeep's dynamic playlist questions/suggestions

From: Hardeep Sidhu <hardeeps_at_pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 15:34:56 -0700

Hi Tim,

> Thanks for your quick response. I was under the impression that if I
> turned off the unit before saving the dynamic playlist I just created,
> it would be lost. Where is it caved? Can I rename it to avoid having
> it overwritten (Like the queue file)?

The dynamic playlist info is saved in /.rockbox/.playlist_control. However,
unlike the queue file, this is not formatted to be used as a playlist and,
as such, will probably not be too useful to you if saved (there are some
kludgy things you can do by making use of the resume functionality).

> I was mainly wanting the quick save/reload feature so I could mix tracks
> I just added with tracks I'm listening to now, without waiting for the
> current playlist to play (Append) or switching to only the added songs
> (Insert). I wouldn't do this all the time, just after I've searched the
> drive for a particular set of folders/files to combine into a unique
> playlist.

Once you've inserted all the tracks you want, select shuffle twice (first
one sorts the playlist and second one reshuffles). By doing this you'll
have a playlist that contains all the original tracks plus the ones you just
inserted, all shuffled randomly. I don't see any reason for adding a quick
save/reload functionality as everything you can do with a normal playlist
you can do with a dynamic one.

> Tim

-Hardeep