Subject: Re: Trimming an MP3 file
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2003-06-22

Am Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:41:33 -0500 hat Tim Elliott <telliott_at_sigecom.net>
geschrieben:

> I don't see why we
> have to use this 2 stage procedure just to get seamless playback of a
> CD. I don't want to have a CD as one long mp3 either.

What is the problem with this 2 stage procedure? Too much work? CD ripping
is always a several stage procedure for me: ripping and encoding with EAC,
adding missing tags, vbr check, sorting into directory structure. One more
step for splitting the file isn't a big task since it's done automatically
with the cue sheets.
MP3 format wasn't designed for seamless playback, you have to do some extra
homework if you want it.

Andreas Stemmer