Subject: Re: uisimulator segfaults on winnt 4.0

Re: uisimulator segfaults on winnt 4.0

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:30:01 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 for_spam_at_gmx.de wrote:

> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /home/rockbox/build/uisw32.exe

> 0x00000024 in ?? ()
> (gdb) bt
> #0 0x00000024 in ?? ()
> Cannot access memory at address 0x2900ce
> (gdb)

This (lack of info) indicates one of the following:

 o it dies very early in an address where we have no debug info

 o this is a stack overflow that ruined the stack trace and gdb is lost

I'd suggest that you do the slightly more tedious approach instead: set a
break-point in main and single-step forward until it bangs...