Subject: Update: Rockbox won't start from flash, any ideas?

Update: Rockbox won't start from flash, any ideas?

From: <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:47:42 +0200 (MEST)

The gdb stub download via UART boot works, after patching the stub a bit.
There is a function called ata_spindown(), I had to disable that, was hanging.

Now I can download a debug build of Rockbox and walk through that. Here's my
observations:
1) The display is just blind and blank. It gets written to without
complaint, but I don't see anything.

2) ATA is somehow locked up. First it goes wrong in ata.c, function
io_address_detect():

727 /* Let's check again, to be sure */
728 if(tmp != ATA_CONTROL)
729 {
730 DEBUGF("ATA I/O address detection failed\n");
731 return -1;
732 }

Whe I manually "help" it over this, the next fail is in function
check_registers()
427 if ( ATA_STATUS & STATUS_BSY )
428 return -1;

I can help it over here as well, but the subsequent register checks fail as
well. Just everything about ATA seems to be not working.

I'm stuck here. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jörg