Subject: Re: Archos firmware sound vs Rockbox
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-06-23

Jean Boullier wrote:
> Well, after 3 hours of intensive testing of various music styles on
> Archos, standard rockbox and special soundcheck1 firmwares I am ashame
> to confess that I cannot detect noticeable differences between the 3
> firmwares.

Don't be ashamed. There is no difference between them. :-)

I thought I found a bug and fixed it. It turns out that it wasn't a bug,
and my fix did nothing to the sound. So the soundcheck firmware is
exactly the same as the standard Rockbox firmware, except that the
maximum loudness setting is 1dB lower on the soundcheck firmware.

:-)

Linus