Subject: Re: Trimming an MP3 file
From: spidermagnet (rokbokser_at_imtarget.cotse.net)
Date: 2003-06-24

Somethings I didn't add, but that seems to be of interest

 - You can disable the bit reservoir, depending on the encoder you use.
For lame, the flag is "--nores". That should minimize the editing problem
to the extent posible for a given encoder. It will also result in a
slight loss of fidelity.

 - I have heard variously that ABR and VBR mp3s have "no" or "minimal" use
of the bit reservoir anyway. So if the problem is with a ABR or VBR file,
I was probably wrong all along.

spider