Subject: Re: Re: Stranges disconnections (and reconnections) in USB mode with one of my USB ports.

Re: Re: Stranges disconnections (and reconnections) in USB mode with one of my USB ports.

From: Pipo <roger007_at_ifrance.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 20:52:20 +0100

>Pipo said:
>> Now, I explain what i have just seen with my new JukeBox Recorder. When
>> I connect it with one of my front USB2 ports in windows, the Hardisk
>> disconnects it-self when i read some data. Then, windows XP is looping :
>> connection, disconnection, and so.... This happends only whith one of
>> the USB port !
>
>This sounds like a bad USB port, if others work correctly and one fails.
   Yes I suspect this too. Do you meen wrong connections "front USB ports <=> CM "? or Hardware failure ?

>> Under my redhat 9.0, no problem with all of my ports, but I wonder if
>> USB2 mode is active.
>
>Redhat 9 should support USB2, so long as you have hardware which has USB2.
>I use Redhat 8 with a USB2 card and it works fine.

        Well, The transfert rate with my redhat are around 1mo/s :-(. That's why i think i'm not in USB2 mode.
     But, i have the USB 2 hardware, i'm sure. How, do you know if USB2 mode is enabled under Linux ? Is there a log file for the USB init (different than /var/log/message, because i didn't notice something interresting) ?

Roger