Subject: Re: uisimulator segfaults on winnt 4.0
From: Daniel Stenberg (
Date: 2003-06-25

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 wrote:

> it bangs before main! I have no clue about debugging, but i was digging the
> net and found some infos - so i set another breakpoint at mainCRTStartup, as
> this was suggested somewhere.

Well, I forgot about this windows madness. There's no main for you, there's a
WinMain() instead...

> (gdb) break main
> Breakpoint 2 at 0x419ffa: file ../../firmware/drivers/lcd-recorder.c, line
> 848.

This is strange. There is no main in that file. It looks as if your symbol
table is wrong somehow.

> So it seems to crash somewhere between mainCRTStartup()? (eeerrrr - what is
> that?) and main(). What is executed before main() ? Whatelse can I do ? I`m
> happily if I can learn something about debugging....

Try 'b WinMain' and see if you get there. If you do, continue to app_main()
and onwards. If you don't, there's something major bad in how the program is
linked as nothing before WinMain() is handled by code provided by rockbox.

 Daniel Stenberg -- --