Subject: Re: Sound

Re: Sound

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:28:27 +0100

> > Has there been a previous discussion on producing sound with the archos
> > firmware?
>
>As in generating mp3 data?

I was thinking more about sound in games (by means of a clear example)
The simple solution would be to fire off an mp3, but this would possibly
preclude playback during gaming.
If we can send raw pcm data (wav) we could likely do some rudimentary
mixing ...this could lead to some form of MOD compiler (called e-jay
nowdays, I suppose)
It's all pipe dreams at the moment, but it MUST be possible somehow, even
if there is a cost.

> > Is is possible to search the mail archives?
>
>Yes, use the search form on the web page. It's not perfect, but
>unfortunately it's all we've got.

thanks