Subject: Stranges disconnections (and reconnections) in USB mode with one of my USB ports.
From: Pipo (roger007_at_ifrance.com)
Date: 2003-06-25

Hello guys,

First thing, I want to say to all the Rockbox project members, is that the software takes a good way to make a very good Firmware (good bug report. Feature request treatment and project managment).

Now, I explain what i have just seen with my new JukeBox Recorder.
When I connect it with one of my front USB2 ports in windows, the Hardisk disconnects it-self when i read some data. Then, windows XP is looping : connection, disconnection, and so.... This happends only whith one of the USB port !

Under my redhat 9.0, no problem with all of my ports, but I wonder if USB2 mode is active.

Have anybody see this ? Any explanation ?
Thank you for your answers.

Roger. (France)

Ps : It happens with the orginal Software too !
PpS My hardware : Athlon 2GHz, ASUS KTV8X, 512Mhz, USB2, ...