Subject: Re: Correct battery and disk spindown settings for FM Recorder?
From: scott (
Date: 2003-06-26

the FMR battery is 2200, but that doesnt effect anything but the 'time remaining' in the info. i
plug in my FMR everynight and play a cd or something, and its always at 100% in the morning, and
usuaully lasts a good 8 hours. its possible that your battery died and cant hold a charge anymore.
this happened to me, and i had to bring it back to best buy. no problems since though. dunno about
disk spindown, i was kinda wondering about that myself...

--- Tony Agee <> wrote:
> Using Rockbox has been a pleasure but I've noticed that even after leaving
> my recorder charging overnight (turned off), my recorder never shows a
> charger higher than 38%. Until I changed the battery capacity in the
> software to properly reflect the battery size in the FM Recorder (2100...I
> believe? Or 2200), it usually showed that the charge got as high as 80%
> when first powering on after a long night's worth of charge.
> Do I have the battery settings set improperly? After using my Jukebox for a
> while the battery will slowly improve to the mid 60% range, but never go
> any higher before depleting back down.
> I should be getting more than 2 hours of 160 kbps play out of this thing.
> What's the deal?
> Also, what is the proper setting for disk spindown?

Do you Yahoo!?