Subject: Re: Soldering the Archos?
From: Marc Tricou (Marc.Tricou_at_xi-quadrat.de)
Date: 2003-06-29

Hi,

> Specifically, I want to de-solder and then resolder the
> six contact points that connect the Archos circuit board to the backplate.
As I
> understand, some of these are merely structural, and some are electrical
as well.

What exactly is the reason or what are the symptoms? I'm asking because
since my box now seems to have a big contact problem: if i touch the upper
left rubber corner very very gently from the headphone side (from the north)
then it immediatly shuts off. Yesterday i resoldered the upper left battery
contact an i snipped and soldered this wierd wire. But still the same prob.
Has anyone an idea what exactly this can be?

bye,
Marc