Subject: Re: Archos use while USB connected?

Re: Archos use while USB connected?

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 00:55:26 +0200

TP Diffenbach wrote:
> I'd like to be able to use the USB for charging, and at at the same
> time play music.

Yes, this is possible and I think someone even filed a feature request for it once.

I don't want this feature in mainline Rockbox, simply because it is potentially very destructive and would only be useful for people who have modded their archos and their PC's operating system.

Even if you don't manually access the disk from your PC, it is likely to be accessed and even modified anyway. Especially Microsoft operating system have a habit of writing unrequested files and directories to all disks that come within shouting distance.

--
Björn