Subject: Re: question about plugins .rock
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2003-07-01

At 14:27 30/06/03 -0400, you wrote:
>ok so these new plugin files (.rock) that are in the zip file rocks. what
>are they? how do you use them? im just really lost here. thanks for your help.
>
>~jeff

PLEASE can we stick with THREE character extensions for our filenames?
The config files are .CFG (not .CONF), the chip8 files are .CH8, firmware
is .AJZ, then MP3; M3U; BMP; TXT etc. etc.
If we stick with the standard we already have ...how about "RBP"
RockBox-Plugin??
Personally I would have suggested that the plugins live in
/.rockbox/plugins and have no extension at all
...then have an option on the main menu "plugins" which does little more
than a dir on the /plugins directory, but LOOKS like a menu system!
...maybe even do "cache -r /.rockbox/plugins" when you select "plugins"
from the main menu

That's another 2cents - think I'm about a buck down to date!