Subject: Re: question about plugins .rock
From: BlueChip (
Date: 2003-07-01

At 14:27 30/06/03 -0400, you wrote:
>ok so these new plugin files (.rock) that are in the zip file rocks. what
>are they? how do you use them? im just really lost here. thanks for your help.

PLEASE can we stick with THREE character extensions for our filenames?
The config files are .CFG (not .CONF), the chip8 files are .CH8, firmware
is .AJZ, then MP3; M3U; BMP; TXT etc. etc.
If we stick with the standard we already have about "RBP"
Personally I would have suggested that the plugins live in
/.rockbox/plugins and have no extension at all
...then have an option on the main menu "plugins" which does little more
than a dir on the /plugins directory, but LOOKS like a menu system!
...maybe even do "cache -r /.rockbox/plugins" when you select "plugins"
from the main menu

That's another 2cents - think I'm about a buck down to date!