Subject: Plugins, News and the Website
From: Tom Sustins (
Date: 2003-07-01

Firstly I'd like to say a big thanks and well done for the new plugins
feature. Very good indeed!

But I would like to request that we have a new section on the website
specifically dedicated to plugins. It would be nice to see each plugin
with a full detailed description. This would be helpful for those of us
who are not 'techy'.

I also find that, even with a good history in the IT industry, I still
get confused with some of the issues raised here on this list. There
are some very clever people contributing to this project, but I think if
the website was more orientated towards both the 'techy's' and the
'newbies' we might be able to spread the RockBox word further. Often
questions get raised here and, after discussion, a new or better
solution to a problem is found. Though, this is not always documented
(except on this mailing list of course.) It might be nice to see a
better News page that explains every new entry in the daily builds and
what changes are being made. I find that the 'changes' link on the
daily builds is more info for the programmers.

Just my thoughts

BBCi at

signify your consent to this.