Subject: Re: Archos use while USB connected?
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-07-01

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> That is not easily done. How do you stop the usb-storage driver from
> either have to recompile the kernel or rename/remove the usb-storage
> kernel module, thus removing the archos support permanently.

Maybe I'm a bit rusty on this. I thought that the ISDx00 chip didn't
communicate on the bus until the ATA_EN pin was active.

In the ISD200 sheet:

"ATA_EN=0 to 3-state to hi-Z ATA interface, disable USB interface."

However, the ISD300 wording is different:

"Disabling ATA_EN 3-states (high-Z) the ATA interface and halts the ATA
interface state machine logic."

So it may not work as I thought on the ISD300 devices. :-(

Linus