Subject: Re: Plugins, News and the Website
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2003-07-01

Tom Sustins wrote:
> It might be nice to see a better News page that explains every new
> entry in the daily builds and what changes are being made. I find
> that the 'changes' link on the daily builds is more info for the
> programmers.

That is because that info is written by the programmers for the
programmers. It is automatically extracted from the CVS checkin comments.

We create these automatic change logs because they are better than
nothing. And we programmers like them.

I would be more than happy if anyone could volunteer to create the "user
friendly" information you are requesting. But as it is now, my (and most
other developers) spare time is limited, so we want to focus on the
programming. Besides, programming is often far more fun than
documenting, and for me, fun is what Rockbox is all about.

Linus