Subject: RE: Plugins, News and the Website
From: Tom Sustins (
Date: 2003-07-01

>That is because that info is written by the programmers for the
>programmers. It is automatically extracted from the CVS checkin

Yes I understand this. But that was my point, there is nothing for

>I would be more than happy if anyone could volunteer to create the
>friendly" information you are requesting. But as it is now, my (and
>other developers) spare time is limited, so we want to focus on the
>programming. Besides, programming is often far more fun than
>documenting, and for me, fun is what Rockbox is all about.

  In my opinion it would be better for the explanation of these features
to come from the developers themselves. But I respect the work that you
guys do and understand how busy you can be. Rockbox is a great project
and I feel it would be a shame to give away the impression of it being
purely a programmers app. If it is agreed by you all, I could take this
on. I have good raw HTML skills and would do my best to make a more
user friendly outlook to the site.

BBCi at

signify your consent to this.