Subject: Re: Archos use while USB connected?
From: Mike Holden (rockbox_at_mikeholden.uklinux.net)
Date: 2003-07-01

Bjrn Stenberg said:
> Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
>> 2) You don't need to patch your PC operating system. Just
>> don't enable the ISDx00 when the USB cable is inserted.
>
> That is not easily done. How do you stop the usb-storage driver from
> have to recompile the kernel or rename/remove the usb-storage kernel
> module, thus removing the archos support permanently.

Surely on Linux, all you need to do is not mount the device? If I recall
the earlier conversation, it was about having the jukebox plugged into
usb, without the connection being active (i.e. the disk is not mounted and
accessible). On windows, this can easily be achieved by plugging in,
letting it automount, then unmounting it.

--
Mike Holden

Rockbox page: http://www.mikeholden.org/~rockbox