Subject: Réf. : Re: USB[HP] to USB[Normal] plug ?
From: Dirk Niekerke (kerke_at_web.de)
Date: 2003-07-01

If somebody else in France is interested, I saw this kind of cable (A to mini-A) in Fnac Paris last weekend - very expensive (I think it was more than 20 Euro), that is why I gave up the idea of having another cable as backup and for traveling.

Cheers
Dirk

TP Diffenbach <rockbox_at_diffenbach.org> wrote:
Quoting BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>:

> At 03:26 01/07/03 -0700, you wrote:
> >The usb cable that comes from Archos is a normal one
> >with both ends the same.

> Yes, they exist, but the only outlet I know of is on a local industrial
> estate ...but they have to be getting them from SOMEWHERE!!
>
> It is a "USB Type-A/Male to Type-B/Female converter"
> ...A is the flat one, B is the square one
> ...If you have not come across "male/female" before (in terms of plugs and
> sockets) just think about what goes into what ;)

And the Archos FM uses an A to mini-A.

All of these types of cable (A-A, A-B, A-mini-A) can be purchased at RadioShack in the US. I just bought a six foot (~2 meters) A to mini-A from RadioShack for US $14.99

Cables can also be ordered online.

UNICEF bittet um Spenden fur die Kinder im Irak! Hier online an
UNICEF spenden: https://spenden.web.de/unicef/special/?mc=021101