Subject: Re: question about plugins .rock
From: Mark Bright (
Date: 2003-07-01

I have no problems with 'long' extensions on my M$ based PC, in fact if I
had to stick to 8.3 I would most definately have moved to the *nix camp well
before now.... No one I know still uses 8.3... in fact most windows users
use X.3 where 1<x>255. The 3 characted extention is used out of force of
habit, and that there are so many accepted file types - as mentioned JPG,
BMP etc but even that seems to be finally changing - In the PaintShop Pro 8
readme "In order to better differentiate Paint Shop Pro files from similar
file types used by other applications, we are now using long file type
extensions, e.g. *.pspimage"

My Opinion is why not be another of the pioneers who finally drag the
computing fraternity out of the DOS based dark ages.

Mark B