Subject: RE: Recordings are quieter in Rockbox vs. Archos
From: Paul Heron (Paul.Heron_at_templeton.ox.ac.uk)
Date: 2003-07-03

Björn wrote:
> Have you tried switching which unit runs Rockbox? Just to rule out a
hardware issue.

Yes, and then I transferred both files onto my PC and solved the problem as
they both sounded identical through the PC's MP3 player.

The problem was me thinking that the volume control was identical in Rockbox
and Archos - they're not! Rockbox plays louder at 100% than Archos and
Archos plays louder than Rockbox at 75%. So when I was listening to both
units at 75% the Rockbox recording was way quieter leading me to conclude
that it was a recording problem.

Apologies for my ineptitude! But heartily relieved to have the problem
'solved' as it means that I can carry on with the the Rockbox system.

Cheers, Paul.