Subject: Re: Soldering the Archos?
From: Chris Holt (amiga2k_at_cox.net)
Date: 2003-07-06

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:05:28 +0200, Joris van den Heuvel wrote:

> Could you please explain why this is so? As far as I know, this is only
> true for lead acid batteries and in a lesser degree Li-ions. I have
> drained MANY NiCd and NiMH cells to nearly zero, and have never noticed
> a decrease in performance.
>
> I do know that you shouldn't load NiMHs with large output currents >1C,
> as you could NiCds.

Without doing a lot of research, I cannot explain why this is so. I can
confidently state that I have seen this recommendation on every reliable
source of info on the care of NiMh batteries. Reference:

http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/articles/NiMHbatcare1.asp#Q8
http://www.advanced-battery.com/BATTGUID.HTM