Subject: Re: Reflashing

Re: Reflashing

From: <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 08:56:33 +0200 (MEST)

Ah, I forgot:

> > (1) Could the current check routine be wrong ...Maybe I have a
> > reprogrammable chip that is not identified correctly?
>
> I'm afraid, no.

Well, the ultimate method is to open it up and have a look. The "bad" chip
is a SST37VF020.

> It can be replaced, with SMD soldering skills and the correct part at
> hand.

If you have it in, you'll need the UART boot mod (and the serial mod) to
flash it. The box certainly won't start with a blank chip, but with the above
the trick is possible.

Or you need to pre-program the chip outside with professional gear.

Jörg