Subject: Re: Rockbox from flash questions from a user's point of view
From: idc-dragon_at_gmx.de
Date: 2003-07-07

> > I would imagine you could also still ROLO a daily build after your 3
> > second boot process without incurring too much boredom. :)
>
> I full agree with you.

I don't. Didn't measure it, but this loading and descrambling takes pretty
long, will probably double your boot time.

In fact, the boot time is about 4 seconds now since I introduced the
checking for ajbrec.ajz present. I'm thinking about taking this out again. If we can
easily flash without risk, we don't really need that feature. You still have
the manual rolo if for special purpose you need another software.

> BTW: I think flashing the rom will due at minimum 60 Seconds.

The flashing is pretty quick, just some seconds. For those concerned about
the wear: the chip is specified for 100.000 cycles.

> If you flash Every daily build you have to boot at minimum
> 5 times a day to gain the time lost by flashing.

(Just thinking about how often I need to reboot before the weeks of work on
this pay off)

Jörg