Subject: FM Recorder charger specs & USB problem
From: eXus (exus_at_online.fr)
Date: 2003-07-07

Hi there !

I just bought a FM Recorder 20Go, and unfortunatly it seems that the
charger provided with the player was the wrong one... (9V 600mA, the same
that comes with the Jukebox Recorder...)
This one died after three hours ! I hope my batteries aren't damaged in any
way... I can't boot up my Archos anymore, due to the lack of power.
So is there anybody there who knows the correct specs for the charger ? I
assume it would be something like 5V 1500mA, but I'm not sure about it.
I got another (worse, maybe) problem : my player indicated it was plugged
to my computer (USB screen) even if it was unplugged... Archos told me to
send the player for repair, but I really want to try to solve it by myself
(with your help ;-)). So I wanted to know if the USB detection is handled
by software or by hardware, and if there is any way to bypass it.

Thank you.

eXus