Subject: Re: FM Recorder charger specs & USB problem
From: eXus (exus_at_online.fr)
Date: 2003-07-08

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:00:14 -0400, Chuck Urwiler <curwiler_at_comcast.net>
wrote:

> Exus,
>
> I was able to get mine to charge a bit by plugging the USB cable into my
> computer, but not allowing it to go past the boot. This way, the drive
> was
> never mounted by the OS, and therefore never spun up after the initial
> one. I had to let the FMR "restart" several times before it had enough
> power to keep itself alive.
>
> Perhaps that will help you until you can land a universal type power
> adapter that will work.
>
> -Chuck

Hi Chuck
I tried it but was affraid by the noise of the player (clic... clic...
clic...). And what u mean by "several" ? And I got a VIA controller,
they're well known for their lack of performances concerning their powering
abilities... so I don't really know if it'll work. I'll give it a try if u
tell me how long u waited until it booted up...

Thank you :-)

*eXus is lookin at his Archos... so beautiful... so amazing... and so...
dead ;-)