Subject: 2:40 hour battery life for recorder 20???!

2:40 hour battery life for recorder 20???!

From: M <maleemi_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 21:08:36 -0400

I've had my Recorder 20 for almost a year and the battery life has always been poor but it has stays hooked to the charger most of the time so I never looked into it.

Last week I purchased a new set of 1800mAH rechargables and installed Rockbox 2.0 but battery life still sucks.

Last night I hooked the unit to the recharger ( the Recorder 20 was OFF the entire time) and charged it for 12 hours. I then turned the unit on (battery status was 97%) and starting playing songs in shuffle mode. After 2 hours and 40 minutes of uninterrupted play time the batteries were fully discharged.

This unit is claimed to run for 8 hours and I see that many users are getting somewhere in that range. Does anyone have any ideas why my battery life is abysmal and/or suggestions on how to improve it?

I've looked at the Battery FAQ on the Rockbox website but didn't find answers to my questions.

Best Regards,

Marcel