Subject: Re: Re: Hello and a small request for help!

Re: Re: Hello and a small request for help!

From: Joris van den Heuvel <joris.bass_at_planet.nl>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 03:09:49 +0200

Joel,

First, make sure, it's not the contact lids. Try to look into the socket and
verify that you see 4 contacts. If not, those may have worn out and have to
be bent back a bit, using a needle or something.

If it's not that, try the following:

Using a watchmaker's screwdriver, unscrew the four tiny black screws on the
upper and lower side of the front panel. Take out the battery lids, and lift
the front panel. The keys will probably fall out, don't worry. You should be
able to see where the EAR socket is soldered, as it is a through-hole
component, mounted on the bottom of the circuit board. Make sure you use (or
have someone use) a light iron and fluxed solder wire. That should do the
trick.

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong. I only opened my JBR20 once, I'm going from
memory.

Regards,
Joris.

PS. get a set of headphones with an angled jack. The socket will last
longer.