Subject: Newbie USB Charging question
From: Dr Joel Blaiberg (
Date: 2003-07-09

I've just read this in the Archos FAQ for the FM Recorder 20:

Q: My Jukebox FM Recorder is charging when I have the USB connected, is
this normal?
A: Yes, your Jukebox FM Recorder has a specially designed USB power
circuit that allows your unit to charge its batteries from the power
supplied by the USB connection. Another Archos exclusive!

Is this true? Can the unit be charged via USB WITHOUT the DC adapter?
I'm in the US but only have the UK DC Adapter with me at the moment. BTW
I'm using the latest daily build of Rockbox

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (